Wednesday, October 6, 2021

I hear the voice of God.


The voice of the LORD is powerful;
the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
Psalm 29:4

I know for certain that God speaks directly to me. I am confident it is His voice I hear. It isn’t audible or spooky or strangely mystical. God speaks with majesty and authority and I am as sure of His thoughts as if I had a conversation with a loved one face to face. And what is this “secret” to hearing God’s wonderful voice? I simply open my Bible and read. Period. God’s majestic and powerful voice rings out from its pages directly to my heart. It is a supernatural experience known in a very natural way.

Most days God’s voice speaks to me in the still of the pre-dawn. Not because that is a magical time, but it is because that is the best time for me to be fully alert and ready to hear Him. Bible open, heart centered prayerfully asking to hear from Him, and usually at the kitchen table with a cup of freshly brewed coffee, I listen to what God is saying as I read and think through the Bible. I pray for His Holy Spirit to press His truth into my life. I write out notes on what He is telling me in a journal so I can read more, reflect carefully, and find ways to carry God’s powerful voice through my days. Yes… God speaks to me. And He will speak loudly, clearly, personally, majestically, and powerfully to any person who will simply discipline themself to open His Word, read it naturally and prayerfully, and commit to believe and follow what He says there.

Thank You, Lord, for the priceless gift of Your Word! I hear Your voice in the pages. I know with confidence that You speak to me, love me, desire me to live holy and become more like Jesus, and will keep me with You forever! Your words are life. Your voice is powerful. Your voice is majestic! I worship You as You speak with me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment