Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Bethel / house of God


Then let us arise and go up to Bethel, so that I may make there an altar to the God who answers me in the day of my distress and has been with me wherever I have gone.
Genesis 35:3

There was a place
where the crafty deceiver
the patriarch who learned every lesson
the hard way
changed one day
realized God would always listen
became a true believer
in the Lord of lives and space

Gathering loved ones
encouraging them to turn
Jacob literally cleaned his home
to quickly obey
what God would say
to build an altar, no longer just roam
a place for sacrifice to burn
trusting in the Eternal One

Bethel - house of God
was a journey and destination
place of worship and of prayer
sacred space
face to face
with God in sacrificial obedience there
God would make of Jacob a nation
and Jacob knew the God of “house of God”

A new Bethel
a new age
where in each Jesus-believing person
God now lives
His Spirit He gives
dwelling in and with us in person
illuminating truth on scripture’s page
my temple/body now His Bethel

No comments:

Post a Comment