Friday, July 9, 2021

God knows.


O LORD, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
Psalm 139:1-2

God knows me. God has full, intimate knowledge of every person on this planet… always has and always will. Of all the billions of souls now living and the countless billions who have lived, God has known them all, loved them all, uniquely made them all. That’s a lot of lives. It is also a lot of broken lives.

The reality of God searching me and knowing me is that my darkest motivations, my hidden sins, my “grievous ways” (see Psalm 139:24) are all known to Him as well. He knows not just my actions, but my thoughts. He knows how even sometimes what other people see as good in me actually comes from a motivation less than noble: pride, anger, or selfishness.

The God Who knows me still loves me fiercely! I cannot flee from His searching presence because He loves people too much to ever let them be alone in their broken pain and sinfulness. He uniquely knit me together when I was yet unborn… a truth for every human every conceived! All of us are fearfully and wonderfully made by the God Who never stops knowing us and loving us. He loves us and reveals His “precious thoughts” to the person He has put together before any of them were ever aware of Him (Psalm 139:17).

The God Who made me, knows me, loves me, and saves me will lead me forever! He wants me with Him always! And so Jesus came to live, to die, and to be raised again from the dead on the third day so that I could be saved from what God knows is my awful sin and its hellish consequences. And He has saved me to love Him back, worship Him, and follow Him forever. God knows me better than I even know myself! “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me!” (Psalm 139:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment