Thursday, May 28, 2020

my small faith


He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
Matthew 17:20

“micro-faith” was Your favorite term
for Your disciples on the earth
they followed, they learned
they tried, they failed

in failure You taught them to trust
God more than what little faith mustered
they heard, they were astonished
they tried, they failed

You told them that though small
faith could grow a kingdom from a mustard seed
You told them more than once
but did they really hear You?

my little faith is also apparent
when I rush to trust and keep my own appearance
I follow, I learn
I try and I also fail

in my failure You call me to believe
in You and in that trust I can receive
I hear You and am astonished
I try and still fail

I trust You when You say even small faith
can do all the things that are great
You will tell me more than once I’m sure
O Lord, I really do believe You!

No comments:

Post a Comment