Tuesday, February 6, 2018

precious steadfast love


How precious is your steadfast love, O God!
The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 36:7

What is the most precious thing to my soul? Of course my home and my own children... my beloved wife all spring to mind as the dearest people to my heart. But there is One more precious... more important... more needed. Jesus is most precious because in Him I know a steadfast love that transforms me and saves me. It is constant, unchanging, and no matter how bad my circumstances may feel, His love is always by my side. His precious love is what compels my soul to love God, truly love the people God has placed closest to me, and learn to love the world that God loves.

Without the steadfast love of Jesus I would still be lost in sin. I’d be so much more self-driven than I am. I’m sure I’d be a one man neurotic mess of narcissistic drive. It has taken the vision of steadfast love from Jesus Who died for all sin to shake me from a worldview that is only all about me. And in that love I have found others who have found refuge in the shadow of His wings!

I know the love of a great God. And it is a love that through Christ is extended to all humanity. It is the most precious thing in all the world. Saints have died with only it in their heart, suffering for it, and have joyously known all they needed in Christ as they have taken refuge in the shadow of the wings of love in Jesus. I should live for the joy of knowing, proclaiming, and showing by my actions to others the steadfast love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment