Tuesday, July 18, 2017

confidence in completion


The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands.
Psalm 138:8

Faith leads us to believe amazing things about God and what He is doing. And it leads us to experience great things from Him as we surrender our lives to Him. A faith destiny trusting God will bring us to see God at work in our lives as He does His purpose in us.

My experience of this though is limited by one factor: my lack of trust. I can sum up what hinders me with these questions: Am I willing to trust God's purpose and relinquish my personal agenda for my life? Am I consciously committed to Jesus as Lord directing my thinking, attitudes, emotions, and actions? That is what I must do in order for God to be truly worshiped. And then He will fulfill His purpose in me.

This psalm reminds us that God's purposes are linked to His steadfast love. It is grace that leads Him to do great things in the hearts and lives of repentant sinners that He brings to Himself for His glory. And He will "not forsake" what He is doing in His saving and sanctifying work in us. Just as the New Testament encourages us with "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it" (Philippians 1:6), so God will bring to fulfillment His purpose, in steadfast love, never forsaking us. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment