Monday, March 27, 2017

living sacrifice

 
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Romans 12:1

My Lord I offer to You... me
all that I am I give to You
my self wants it back
but I must go through
with offering the living sacrifice

I live in a body, Lord, as You did
when You lived and died for me
You know what I do in this body
I can't hide from what You see
so as I live, I'll be the living sacrifice

You have given life, Lord, to me
I live and breath and have my being
by Your grace and mercy I am strong
and from sin's control Your Spirit is freeing
me, so that I can be the living sacrifice

Holy and acceptable to God now
because of what Jesus did for me too
I have something precious, redeemed by Christ
to care for, love, and give back now to You
as I offer You my own life, the living sacrifice

No comments:

Post a Comment