Monday, November 21, 2016

Yet Believe

 
Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
John 20:29

What Jesus said to Thomas
He also says to me
I want so much to see Him
in order to believe

I follow Jesus in the pages
thinking of Him as I read
yet I wonder if it's enough
to truly read it and believe

What I want from Jesus 
are answers to receive
and I pray fervently to Him
wanting to believe

But what I pray for
may not ever come to be
and in that crisis of my asking
will I truly still believe?

Thomas saw His God and Lord
and it forced him to his knees
no more doubting what he then saw
he came by seeing to believe

Jesus told him there would be others
who never would get to see
with their eyes the risen Savior
yet greater blessing attends their belief

Although I walk behind my Savior
Whom I never truly see
yet I know Him, learn to trust Him
blessed by Him since I not seeing, yet believe

No comments:

Post a Comment