Wednesday, November 9, 2016

consequences in a broken system

 
Like a roaring lion or a charging bear
is a wicked ruler over a poor people.
A ruler who lacks understanding is a cruel oppressor,
but he who hates unjust gain will prolong his days.
Proverbs 28:15-16

Since these words are true and unchanging, I should always be in prayer for my leaders. And in times of uncertainty, I can trust that God will honor those who honor Him, and bless a people if a leader honors God. So I pray hard always that leaders around the world will seek God's understanding because that will make a better climate for the gospel generally.

The warnings in this passage are real. Cruelty and oppression thrive in this sinfully guided world system. God is His wisdom certainly raises up the leaders He sovereignly chooses. I should still pray that they would be wise and rightly motivated people. And if they are not, and those leaders perpetuate further oppression in a broken system, I should work even harder at making the gospel my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment