Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The One coming soon

 
“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
Revelation 22:12-13

Jesus is the first and the last, the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega. And He Who is first in my heart has the right and the power to judge me. This promise Jesus gives to return soon is both thrilling and chilling. It thrills me to know Jesus will return to rule this world and fix what is so very ruined by sin and death. Yet it is also chilling because He will do so intimately with my heart. He will repay every person according to what each has done. He will do so with me. I will answer to Him. Jesus is my judge and He knows the degree of faithfulness I have or have not had with His call to live and speak the gospel.

Even though Jesus comes to evaluate and to reward, I work through that sobering aspect of judgment with joy. I love life, and I love Jesus even more. I have everlasting life in Him. And I want above all to see Him, to dwell with Him in an eternal home, to continue to enjoy Jesus forever. If I live on in this earth another day or get to see Him come in this way He describes, then Maranatha, Lord Jesus! And if I travel through death's valley first, then that is fine with me as long as I am with Him. His rule is the passion of this heart in life or death.

Yes, come Lord Jesus... soon! Yes, You alone are the first and the last. Yes,You have me as Your own, and even though I have not always served You as well as I could, I will receive my recompense with respect and awe and worship of You. I bow to You, Risen Lord and Coming King.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment