Thursday, January 21, 2016

holy / unholy

“Thus says the Lord of hosts: Ask the priests about the law:
‘If someone carries holy meat in the fold of his garment and touches with his fold bread or stew or wine or oil or any kind of food, does it become holy?’” The priests answered and said, “No.”
Haggai 2:11-12

Priests of old
carried sacred food in garment's fold
had to be careful not to touch
the unclean thing, for always such
contact defiled what what was holy

Temple service was pristine
careful to keep ceremonially clean
utensils, people, actions as well
so God would be honored in His temple
for what was holy could be made unholy

So carefulness must mark the way
of going through every day
I am a temple where God's Spirit lives
honoring Him as holy is how I must live
it means I'm concerned with what is holy

Sin defiles in sinister ways
even my thoughts darken my days
so to the blood of Christ I plea
to cleanse from sin and sanctify me
so through Jesus only I can be holy

No comments:

Post a Comment