Friday, January 29, 2016

Global depravity is a fact.

Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:20

Of all the clever observations Solomon has in the book of Ecclesiastes, this may be the one most universally known and most easily proven. All people sin. No person, no matter how nice they may seem, is perfect and without sin. Every person who exists now, who ever has existed, or who ever will exist  as a human being is born a sinner and actually sins in thought, word, and action. Depravity, though not universally at its worst (not everyone is as evil as they could be), is a global infection without exception so that we are all equally doomed by sin.

The only exception to this universal constant is the God man Jesus Christ. Jesus came as a human being, yet God in the flesh, the perfect Son of God. He lived without sin, died for all sin... took my sin... all sin... every single sin... upon Himself on the cross, and rose again victorious over sin and its wages of death! Thank God He sent a Savior!

I wrestle with my depravity every. single. day. But I have a perfect Savior. I confess my sin, repent of it, yield to His Spirit's conviction, fly to my Savior for grace, find forgiveness and strength to fight sin in His Word and have Him to help me grow in holiness. I will never be sinless until the day I have my last breath. But I can sin less because of Jesus. Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment