Wednesday, January 7, 2015

values




Thus says the Lord:
“What wrong did your fathers find in me
that they went far from me,
and went after worthlessness, and became worthless?"
Jeremiah 2:5

What I value creates my worth
if I follow the Lord
treasure His Word
obey His voice
I have riches beyond measure

What is important to me
will mark my life
accumulate around me
visible to others
as where I know my pleasure

... the pursuit of worthlessness
will make a person worthless

When I value You, Lord
Your pleasures are my joys
Your will my path
Your love my heart
There is purpose in my direction

If I love You, Lord
my heart will always sing
of Your power and salvation
to anyone I meet
and my heart will be led by Your intention

...save me from worthlessness
so that I may never be worthless

No comments:

Post a Comment