Thursday, January 15, 2015

Tell the good news!




I have told the glad news of deliverance
in the great congregation;
behold, I have not restrained my lips,
as you know, O LORD.
I have not hidden your deliverance within my heart;
I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation;
I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness
from the great congregation.
Psalm 40:9-10

When God does great things, His people must tell it and the world must know it. God is not a quiet presence hiding behind the working of natural forces in our world. He is not the unseen neglectful watchmaker. He is engaged with His world. He works by His grace to save humanity. He loves us. We know it and should proclaim it every chance that we get.

This was the motive that pushed David to praise the Lord when the nation was convened for worship. Any time that God's people gathered for worship, David made a point of telling about God's deliverance. It was part of what it meant to properly serve the Lord. He did not hide his story of salvation by God from the people around him. He let it be known. It was a wonderful and powerful story. It defined him. He was quick to praise and tell the good news to all.

Worship should attend our telling of our testimonies. And testimonies should attend our times of worship. When I feel "dry" coming to God in worship, how can I stay complacent and unmoved if I consider His great love in saving a sinner like me? Contemplate Calvary's love, and my soul must repent of its hardness and sing a song of thankful praise! Praise God for the deliverance Christ has brought to me! Tell the good news in worship and praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment