Monday, January 5, 2015

though I fall




The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
when he delights in his way;
though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong,
for the LORD upholds his hand.
Psalm 37:23-24

A relationship with God is the best assurance in life. God promises to uphold us even in the most difficult of life circumstances. I may stumble. I may fall. I may fail in faith. But God's got me in His strong grip and will never lose me. God "establishes" my very steps when I trust in Him.

I notice that this is not a promise for an easy life. It is assumed that there will be difficulties. We are not promised endless sunshine or painless living as God's people. But when there is difficulty, when we do fall down, we won't "wipe out". We aren't destroyed by life's adverse circumstances. God still has a hold of us and will not let go. We may still hurt. We may still cry out. But God is right there and He will not let us come to ruin. God delights in people who delight in Him. He will keep them close in His sovereign care, forever.

Lord God,
I thank You that You are not only with me, but holding tight to my hand. You will not let me go. Lord Jesus, You will not leave me nor forsake me. Forgive my heart wanderings. It is easy to trust only in me or my life's physical circumstances. Yet Your unseen hand is on me and You will not let me come to ruin. Please, keep me aware of Your constant care. Though I fall, You never fail!
Amen


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment