Tuesday, July 25, 2023

focus


For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
Psalm 62:1

Many things distract me, Lord.
May You be my focus.
Nothing else can satisfy
or provide like You will.

Why do I worry instead of quietly wait?
Why do I give in to the sin You hate?
Help me to trust You alone, my Lord!
Help me believe what You say in Your Word!

Nothing should grab this heart
except Your unfailing love, Lord.
Everything I want or need
will eventually come from Your good hand.

I will believe You; I wait in peace.
You will be my salvation and bring relief.
I claim this promise from Your Word.
In silence I trust in You, my Lord.

One thing should hold my attention.
One thing alone is my focus.
You will be my soul’s great delight.
You always keep and lead my heart.

I’m looking only, exclusively to my God’s power.
You supply grace and strength each day and hour.
For You alone my soul will wait and sing
until Your mercies and deliverance You bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment