Thursday, July 6, 2023

Cold Water / Good News


Like cold water to a thirsty soul,
so is good news from a far country.
Proverbs 25:25

Bring the glass… give me a drink
weary, thirsting from what I think
I need better thoughts to fill my head
something peaceful on my bed

Tired of hurting, tired of pain
dry and needing refreshing rain
I long for something good to hear
Bring that water! Bring it near!

Cold water to my thirsty soul
is what this heart craves to know
so in Your Word I search and pray
Lord, quench my thirst to start my day!

The gospel saves and sets me free
from endless, craving, thirsting need
Jesus fills up this empty soul
renews, refreshes, makes me whole

Like a chilled glass in my hand
this saving news from far off land
comes from heaven to earth to me
then liberates and sets this soul free

From heaven’s far country to earth’s dark shore
Jesus came to redeem us forevermore
Brings saving grace and life abundant
brings power over death, victory triumphant

Holding this glass in my hands, I drink
and smiling now, joyful, I think
of all God’s grace poured out for me
I see now with the insight of eternity

What God began in Jesus at the cross
recovers for me everything once loss
Good news brings joy in all I see
Good news, cold water, joy from the Far Country!

No comments:

Post a Comment