Tuesday, June 13, 2023

What You Command


…fire and hail, snow and mist,
stormy wind fulfilling his word!
Psalm 148:8

What You command Lord
comes to me…
all by Your love and tender decree
fire to purge me of my dross
hail to humble me in my loss
snow to freeze my world all around
mist to keep me on the ground
stormy winds to blow me toward
the refuge of Your comforting Word

What You command, Lord
is good for me…
You are preparing me for eternity
endless ages without tears
no more grief and no more fears
when with Your saints around Your throne
my heart is captured, bound to You alone
redeemed, regathered with all those I love
in an embrace forever together with You above

What You command, Lord
I will receive…
ready by faith to always believe
this fire will not burn all away
this hail will not trample what You want to stay
this snow will brighten all my landscape
this mist will quench thirst, my soul to sate
this stormy wind will bring trembling thunder
and I… I will worship in all this wonder!



No comments:

Post a Comment