Monday, June 19, 2023

fill my days and nights


Let the godly exult in glory;
let them sing for joy on their beds.
Psalm 149:5

My heart rejoices.
Fill this day with Your praise.
In every way may my voice raise
in exultation
     to the God
          of my salvation.

You make me holy.
You call me godly, though I am so unworthy.
What You have done, Lord, in me
solely for Your splendor and glory
     prepares me even now
          for eternity.

Oh my soul sings loudly!
My spirit exults proudly for You are worthy!
I cannot keep back grateful tears from my face
in the light of Your saving grace
     falling down upon me
          in Jesus’ embrace!

My heart rejoices.
Fill my nights with happiness.
As in Your outrageous joy I rest
with satisfaction
     in the God
          of my salvation.

Your Spirit makes me happy.
You have made me holy, though unworthy.
The joy You bring, Lord, to me
satisfies and completes me
     soothes me now
         tonight, resting sweetly.

Upon this bed I will sing.
Praises to my pillow bring.
I will not hold back my praise
but humming songs of Your sweet grace
     I rest my joy-filled head
          upon my bed, and closing eyes, 
               see Your smiling face.

No comments:

Post a Comment