Friday, December 3, 2021

my God Who knows


You know my reproach,
and my shame and my dishonor;
my foes are all known to you.
Psalm 69:19

Never do I face a difficulty alone when I am God’s child. In this psalm, despite having the pain of a broken heart caused by personal attacks against him, David persevered in worshipful prayer to God. He knew God knew how he felt (Psalm 69:20). In this imprecatory song, David lamented his pain to God, called to God for justice, begged God to act on his behalf, knew God was well aware of all that was happening, and ultimately praised God Who had always delivered him (Psalm 69:30-35).

And so I take hope in God. I’ve never had the dire situation David faced, where enemies literally sought to kill me. And so David’s emotional intensity encourages me to be unafraid to let God know my own feelings during rough events. I have been overwhelmed before. I have felt hurt by my own mistakes as well as the misunderstandings and sometimes deliberate ill-will of others who were not fond of me. God knows all of that. He even knows things of which I am completely oblivious. And so I am encouraged to trust the God Who knows.

Lord,
I am kept because You know me and You keep me. And You know my hurts, my heartaches, my shame, and my dishonor. And you have kept me safe in You. I know that You will continue to do so! You know, You save, and You lead!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment