Wednesday, February 24, 2021

a universe of praise


I will sing to the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
Psalm 104:33

Every morning that I awaken to a new day, with breath in my lungs, and gratitude in my heart, I want to worship my God. Psalm 104 is a wonderful celebration of God as Creator, Sustainer, and Keeper of this universe and the world He has put mankind upon. The song it sings is a poem of celestial praise showing how God is at work in the world, focusing on creation and the wonderful wildness of what we see around us.

In this psalm, the camera of praise pans from mountain to valley, from alpine brook to vast oceans, from birds and beasts of the forest to seas teeming with countless creatures. It’s like watching a National Geographic documentary, but with repeated shouts of praise for the glory of the God Who made it all.

All the glory of what God has done points to the majesty of His Person (see Psalm 104:31). And living in this world should lead us to praise the God Who made it and made us. It is what all creation should just naturally do. We were made to declare God’s greatness and sing His praise!

Oh my great God,
I will declare Your greatness as I know it in Your world. I feel it in the mountains, in the swift current of a trout stream, in the rush of a prairie breeze, or in the crash of the surf on the ocean shore. You are great and mighty and I am just a man whose days are like grass. My life will flower and then fade. But You are eternally, gloriously God!

I will declare Your great grace. In Jesus, You re-create me. You give me forgiveness of sin and eternal life so that even though I fade, I am promised to be forever with my Lord one day, and I will inherit a resurrection body to roam and explore a new heavens and a new earth, the home of righteousness. And there will be no more sickness, no more sorrow, no more death... just the glorious song of praise that all creation was meant to always sing to You! I want to daily praise the God Who made this universe!
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment