Thursday, May 4, 2017

impetuous

 
And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came up to him and said to him, “Teacher, we want you to do for us whatever we ask of you.”
Mark 10:35

Lord, what I may think is bold
May simply be my sinful pride
Demanding from You what I desire
Straying from following behind
Instead I want beside You
Running ahead of You

Teach me to first be a slave
With no rights to claim my own
Humble servant that You are
Help me my self to dethrone
Living like You
Serving as You do

It shall not be that disciples demand
From their Master what they desire
But like You, Jesus, we must give
Our lives consumed by a greater fire
You living in us, serving through us
Showing Your love by using us

Lord, may my request simply be
To humbly serve You until I am old
Daily your useful gospel slave
And then, only doing what I've been told
So that the world may know You
And some be saved by You




No comments:

Post a Comment