Friday, February 24, 2017

God's big heart for me.

 
You have multiplied, O Lord my God,
your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
yet they are more than can be told.
Psalm 40:5

God is good to me. He has blessed me. He is pouring out His grace upon me in Christ Jesus. I am given so much mercy, love, and good pleasure than I as a sinner ever deserved. God has not just added good things to my life, He has multiplied them.

I love how this psalm tells me that God is gracious not only in deeds toward me, but in His thoughts about me. Because I am forgiven in Jesus, God sees me as His child. I am infinitely loved and thought about. I am never far from God the Father's thoughts. God loves me like a dad. I know that my own adult kids are never far from my thoughts. Even in my busy workday I surround myself with photos and reminders of them. I can't help it. I want to think about them. They are my own family. I love them. I plan to be with them. I still want to give them good things. It is perfectly part of me and I think about them so much.

And now I look at God's love in the same way. He multiplies His actions and thoughts toward me because He loves me. It is His Father's heart for me that is the living foundation of all that amazing grace. It is worth it to love and worship Him back because He loves a sinner like me, saved me through His Son, and made me His child. And nothing compares to being loved like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment