Thursday, February 9, 2017

disciple-making disciplemakers

 
He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.
Acts 18:26

Priscilla and Aquila were disciples who were committed to making disciples. When they heard a great evangelist and preacher named Apollos, they were quick to use their gifts and knowledge to help develop him into an even more effective preacher of the gospel. Their desire was to make the ministry of Apollos even more effective so that under their discipleship the church would be strengthened and the gospel would go forward. God was glorified by their sincere use of gifts given to them to make disciple-making disciples.

Apollos would go on to have an effective ministry. Priscilla and Aquila would also continue their ministries. Disciples would be made and strengthened as the gospel moved forward in the early church. The pattern they set helped make the church that exists today. We can't have the Christian faith if it weren't for believers obeying Christ's command to be disciple-making disciplemakers.

Lord,
I am convinced you want me to follow You. And I cannot follow alone. I must be used by you to take people along with me to You. I must invest this life in other people, helping them to live as followers of You. But it is not complete unless I encourage disciples to be disciple-making disciples. And so bless all the meetings that I have with people, every week, in every day. Whether they are in one-to-one conversation or small groups, whether personal conversations or meetings filled with agendas, O Lord, may I be a disciple-making disciplemaker in those interactions!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment