Thursday, August 25, 2016

now near

 
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
Ephesians 2:13

Jesus' blood has brought me from death to life, from judgment to peace, from enemy to son, and from sinner to saint. Because of His salvation which was freely given and which I believe, I can be near to God even though my sins had alienated me far from God. And though I was once bound in sin's chains as its slave, now I am free to serve my Savior who has lovingly brought me to Him by His atoning sacrifice.

When I became a Christian my whole universe changed. I was remade. I was born again into a new life. I came from death to truly living. I was delivered from the worst life and from eternal punishment to a new life and eternal joy in the presence of my Lord.

The cost was unsightly -- the death of God's own sinless son on my behalf. The benefits are inestimable -- riches in Christ more precious than anything in the universe. How can I not love my Lord and be thrilled to spread the gospel to others who are in equal lost desperation?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment