Thursday, August 11, 2016

nailed to the cross

 
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.
Colossians 2:13-14

This is a beautiful description of what it means to be forgiven by God. Jesus did all the work. I can only believe it and trust in Him. I was dead in my sin and powerless to save myself. I was unable to do a thing, but Jesus made me alive in His resurrection, forgave my sin completely, and visibly cancelled the debt my sin had piled against me.

And all my sins are forgiven because the long list of my offenses were nailed to the cross. I do not bear the condemnation. Praise the Lord! I am free from the death burden my sin made me carry and that I surely deserved.

I'll never regret coming to Christ, cognizant of my sin. and longing for a Savior. For even though I was a child at the time I believed, a was a dead sinner of a child even then. And Jesus has given me life. It is this new life that has changed me. It is this new life that I share when I tell others this good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment