Thursday, August 4, 2016

a sinner saved by grace through faith

 
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

Such a familiar passage to me is still such a deeply personal life truth! And as I meditate upon its impact and meaning, the gospel comes to me afresh in a very power reflection. This truth has made me who I am in Christ.

I have been saved from my sin. The peril of hell's punishment which my sins deserve was taken away by Christ's death for me. And now by God's pure grace I am saved. And this came to me through faith. I could do nothing to save myself. I could only, by faith, trust the gospel and the work of Jesus Who saved me.

I was totally impotent to do the work of my own salvation. I would never be good enough, because my sin is that bad. It was why God freely gave His Son for my sin, why the gospel was preached to me freely, so that I might believe. I cannot brag on my own goodness. I'm a lousy sinner, but God's grace, through faith in Jesus is amazing! He saved me! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment