Friday, April 8, 2016

The Bright City

And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there.
Revelation 21:23-25

I journey to the City of Light
  where the Holy Lamb of God is bright
    and in His glory there is no night
I journey to the City of Light

There in one eternal day
  awaiting me there on my way
    I believe what my Savior did say
there is one eternal day

I will live in the light of the Lamb
  eternal God, Savior, great I Am
    singing again backed by an angel band
I will live in the light of the Lamb

A City of Light is my final home
  with kings and angels and loved ones I'll roam
    lovely streets of crystal gold
a City of Light is my final home

There is no more darkness there
  in the home my Savior did prepare
    just joy and light and springtime air
there is no more darkness there

My journey leads to a good end
  Jerusalem reborn, around life's bend
    with my Savior there, eternal friend
my journey leads to a good end

No comments:

Post a Comment