Tuesday, December 8, 2015

my Creator & His commands

Your hands have made and fashioned me;
give me understanding that I may learn your commandments.
Psalm 119:73

Because God is my Creator, He knows me better than anybody else. Because God's Word is perfect, He can lead me with it better than anything else. So some prayer like this one captured in this verse is worth praying every day. I should seek relationship with God, my maker. I should seek wisdom from His Word as my direction for each day.

I get pulled off this simple but vital game plan. Nearly every day, I want my autonomy. I live practically like I made myself and like my autonomous thoughts are the best wisdom ever. They are not. Life works best when lived for the Creator's glory. I am happiest living for God's glory and praise.

I drift from God's Word, taking in all sorts of other content, thus letting my desires rule over me. And the result is one form of minor league chaos after another! What a mistake I am making to turn from this simple wisdom, and what a profound disaster it is!

God, forgive me, please. I yield to You and accept the understanding that You offer to me. Help me to follow Your Word! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment