Friday, March 6, 2015

hard to do




For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death is at work in us, but life in you.
2 Corinthians 4:11-12

Truly loving and living
as Jesus did live
means serving and giving
all I am and have to give

It's giving my life
for His glory
and putting up with strife
in order to keep telling His story

I want a life journey
that is shady and breezy
but what Jesus has shown me
is that sacrifice isn't easy

Difficulty attends my serving hands
as Jesus shows the way
I know my Savior with me stands
if I suffer for Him today

I am given over to death
all for Jesus' sake
so that His life in every breath
might significance of me make

And as the suffering and pain
fills my message and pens me in
the immeasurable riches that I gain
will come to point the way to Him

Serving like Jesus is hard to do
but worth the personal sacrifice
His boundless graces fills me through
as I give Him all my heart and life

No comments:

Post a Comment