Friday, July 3, 2026

they will know

and the land of Egypt shall be a desolation and a waste. Then they will know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 29:9


The trumpet sounds where silent idols fell,

And every shattered wall has a story to tell.

Sword, famine, plague, and burning flame

Testify to the holy power of God’s name.


“Then they will know that I am the LORD”, He cries

Above the smoke darkening stubborn skies.

The mountains echo, the valleys feel His weight

There is justice that no person can evade.


Pride is humbled as kingdoms fade to dust,

Everyone must learn in Whom to trust.

His judgments are not mere chaos that is random,

But righteous decrees coming from His wisdom.


Mercy still shines beyond His chastening rod;

The Shepherd drives wanderers back to God.

The exiles hear a promise through their tears,

A faithful King Who overcomes all fears.


At Calvary the nations see the LORD,

Where wrath and grace unite in one accord.

The cross declares to every tribe and tongue

“Then they will know that I am the LORD — the Holy One!”

No comments:

Post a Comment