Thursday, November 3, 2016

Passionately pursue justice as widely as possible!

 
Rescue those who are being taken away to death;
hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter.
If you say, “Behold, we did not know this,”
does not he who weighs the heart perceive it?
Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it,
and will he not repay man according to his work?
Proverbs 24:11-12

It appears to me after reading this passage that the wise person committed to living in a way that respects God's righteousness and justice will be moved against human injustice and evil as widely as possible. He will reject at all levels any evil and deadly sin and will not excuse it or willingly allow himself to turn a blind eye to it. He will not be uninformed. His conscience is widely led by a sense of God's justice and holiness.

So that observation informs my civic duty. And in one week I will have a chance to utilize this principle as I participate in a general election that is the sleaziest in my lifetime, hitting new lows of degeneracy and leaving no viable major party options that aren't fraught with some sort of horrible injustice. How do I vote in this situation? I will do so with the thought and careful consideration of the widest sense of justice possible. I will vote my conscience informed by God's Word first and foremost and that takes me far beyond political parties, awful candidate selection, and platforms as I evaluate the two worst case scenario presidential candidates and the other options available to me in the system. I have decided that I answer solely to God Who watches over my soul as I vote and once again, as is my custom, I will be praying in the voting booth. When I do so, I will answer to God for my ballot choices, and not any person, or organization, or political movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment