Thursday, December 17, 2015

my keeper; my shade

The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
Psalm 121:5

These words are a strong comfort. If the Lord keeps me, nothing should bother me. I am in His hands. He protects me. That means that nothing that happens to me is outside His wisdom or care. So I can rest in faith that He is keeping me, even if I hit a rough patch in my life.

The Lord keeps me when life is tenuous. If things are shaking, God can and will help me stand firm. I may find things shake me, but nothing shakes God. When my heart is hurting or lonely, God is right there, keeping me, loving me, and never letting me go. God is keeping me. That is my stability.

God shades me. Now, I have to admit that by faith I accept this, because I don't always feel it. There have been some days lately where what I feel is burning heat and withering lack of strength...physically, emotionally, and spiritually. But God is there, ready to be my comfort IF I turn to Him as He is at my right hand. Notice that the Psalm has God's shade available as near, but not over us. I think that wording is clearly intentional. I must turn to God, my shade and my keeper to find my rest and comfort. I come to Jesus weary and heavy laden, and He gives me His promised rest. But first I must turn and go to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment