Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Moses Veiled: A Face That Shone

Whenever Moses went in before the Lord to speak with him, he would remove the veil, until he came out. And when he came out and told the people of Israel what he was commanded, the people of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face was shining. And Moses would put the veil over his face again, until he went in to speak with him.
Exodus 34:34-35

Moses came down from Sinai
Law in hand
feet walking into camp
face radiant from exposure to God's glory.
The God-burn on his skin
alarmed the nation.

Moses had talked with God
received the Law
understood God's demand
sharing revelation with a glowing face
fear came to all
so he veiled his head

The glory of God on the mountain
shining on skin
reflected in a man
who spoke with the Lord for the nation
and gave God's Law
so that truth they would know

And so the glory of the Lord shines
still in His Word.
Does it show
...on my face as I read it?
...in my heart as it warms me?
...on my life as I obey it?

No comments:

Post a Comment