Wednesday, February 18, 2015

On the other side of the sea




You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed;
you have guided them by your strength to your holy abode.
Exodus 15:13

This poetry of praise, written by Moses, was part of a massive worship celebration on the other side of the Red Sea. Israel passed across the sea on dry land as God walled up the waters around them. And then in one final act of deliverance, God brought that same sea down upon the pursuing Egyptian army. And in one very compelling momentous act, Israel was delivered from her bondage. Never again would they be slaves in Egypt. They stood on the seashore a redeemed people. And they erupted into praise.

This heartfelt praise at God's amazing deliverance was so profound that echoes of it can still be heard in every Jewish Passover. And it flows into the Christian observance of the Lord's Table. God has redeemed His people. It is the thing we should always find as our soul's delight. Redemption is our identity.

Lord,
I stand on the other side of the sea. I am one of your redeemed children, singing of Your great love in saving me. The sea did not swallow me. My slave master did not capture me. You saved me from my servitude to sin and now I am Christ's slave in awe of the love of my new Master. And as I sing of my Redeemer and His precious love for me, I stand with all those whom You have saved from the perils of our past bondage. Your mercies and love fill me with praise.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment