Monday, April 15, 2024

Restoration’s Light


Restore us, O God of hosts;
let your face shine, that we may be saved!
Psalm 80:7

my life grew grim
my light grew dim
sorrow and pain
clouds and rain
I saw faint light
through that stormy night

I needed to see
where You would be
amidst chaos and shaking
What were You making?
in the darkness I waited
dawn anticipated

Your face like sunshine
dispelled those clouds of mine
hope dawned a new day
as You began a new way
of working in my heart
a new direction to start

You restored blue skies
and much to my surprise
joy came in the morning
You ended my mourning
with Your smiling face
poured out love and grace

Saved from sin, loss, and sorrow
to a bright hope for tomorrow
I call now on Your name
and I praise God’s great fame
in Your power outpoured 
my life is now restored!

No comments:

Post a Comment