Monday, February 13, 2023

uniquely Jesus


I know him, for I come from him, and he sent me.
John 7:29

Jesus made three exclusive claims in this short sentence that His world rejected but that Christians must all believe. The “him/he” in this verse is God the Father and Jesus has a unique relationship with the Father. These three claims make Jesus worthy of our worship and obedience.

1. I know the Father. This is knowledge based on unique first-hand experience. Literally the original Greek is “I see the Father.” — knowledge based on seeing. Nobody else could say that but Jesus. This is a unique knowledge.

2. I come from the Father. This is a unique position. Jesus was with the Father, but left that exclusive place to be born, to live, to love, to die, and be raised again, all in obedience to the Father.

3. The Father sent me. Jesus has a unique mission/purpose. He is the Messiah… The Savior… the hope for all the world sent by God the Father as God the Son into the world to save the world. All three of these changed the world and all who trust in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment