Thursday, February 23, 2023

more than I worry about


For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing.
Luke 12:23

The longer I live on this earth, the more the wisdom of Jesus’ call to not be anxious about the stuff of this life calms me. We live in a world obsessed with stuff. We miss out on the relationships that God wants to bless us with as we toil in vain for the temporary. Life can’t be about air-fryers, athletic shoes, and 401K’s.

Jesus points us to the real things that matter most: His kingdom driving our ambitions and needs. He who clothes the lilies of the field and feeds the birds of the air will supply all our needs! It is the Father’s great joy to bless us with His kingdom (Luke 12:32). Do we really need anything else?

And so, Lord, I rest in the promise that You are giving me Yourself and Your kingdom that cannot be shaken. I will trust what this life gives me, through Your gracious and good provision, because it all eventually opens up to so much more in You, Lord! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment