Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Jesus knew.



And he said to them, “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?”
Luke 2:49

These are the first words chronologically that we hear from Jesus in the gospels. He is twelve years old when He asked these two questions. Every other thing about Jesus up to this point is said by angels, prophets, or His own family. The gospel narrators have filled us in on settings, details, characters, and background to get us to Jesus Who has already been announced to be a Savior, the Messiah, and God.

At twelve years of age, not even bar mitzvahed, Jesus knew the Law and astounded Rabbis at the temple. And He was already on mission in His Father’s house. As a boy, Jesus knew Who He was and acted like the Son of God. The gospels show us this plainly. He wasn’t deified by a later generation of followers. Instead, Jesus is shown to be God, and shows Himself to be God in the flesh, from the very beginning!

Lord Jesus,
As I reflect on Your coming as Savior, Deliverer, and Lord, I pause in thankful worship today. You are my King. You are my Savior. You are my God.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment