Friday, November 18, 2022

In the beginning… the Word


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.
John 1:1-2

I just started a fresh Bible reading plan today. The goal: read through all the Bible chronologically by testament in one year. So my OT reading today was Genesis 1-3. And this opening to the gospel of John is part of my NT reading. And what a perspective John gives us on what Genesis teaches. When the universe was spoken into being, Jesus announced the words. When Adam and Eve walked with God in the garden, Jesus was walking beside them. And when sin broke everything in a moment, Jesus was there, knowing He would have to redeem what our sin had wrecked.

Christians worship God when we worship Jesus. We obey God when we repent and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ. We pray for God’s will to reign in Creation when we pray in Jesus’ name. We are restored to what Creation was meant to be through Jesus!

Lord Jesus,
I know You are my Creator and my Savior. Nothing escapes Your knowledge and wise control because You are God. I trust in You!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment