Tuesday, August 24, 2021

clinging to this hope


And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
Revelation 21:5

How I so need to see Jesus in this way today! How I need to believe this truth right now! There are several reasons why. The societal mood right now is gloomy. We are in the second year of a disease pandemic that has upturned cultural expectations, divided and splintered society, and unleashed unprecedented changes. So much division exists at almost every level. Sadly, even in the church. And in the chaos it all feels frankly quite out of control. Oh, but there is One Who sits on the Throne! And Jesus is King. There is no chaos in His rule.

Personally, I’ve never been more tired than I am right now. Ministry EVERY DAY involves conversations with other frazzled, hurt, sometimes very angry people. This wears on a person emotionally, spiritually, and for me, even physically right now. I pretty consistently have some near sleepless nights since March of 2020. Oh how I need Him Who sits on the Throne to comfort me in the assurance that Jesus has got all of this!

Lord Jesus,
Your words are trustworthy and true, and in them I seek my strength. PLEASE empower me by Your grace to be emotionally, spiritually, even physically stronger than I am right now. It feels like all my life is slowing to an exhausted crawl. How I need You to make all things new! And in a time where all seems to be chaotic, calm my storm, O Lord.
“Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day
Earth’s joys grow dim, its glories pass away
Change and decay in all around I see
O Thou Who changes not, abide with me.”
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment