Friday, January 27, 2017

rescued

 
He sent from on high, he took me;
he drew me out of many waters...
He brought me out into a broad place;
he rescued me, because he delighted in me.
Psalm 18:16, 19

Every relationship that God has with every person who trusts Him for salvation is a rescue. The world is imperiled by sin and rebellion against God and is doomed for hell. Each person is caught up in this conspiracy. But God reaches out in love and offers hope, forgiveness, and a new life with Him when He rescues.

This is vividly known in the gospel. Jesus came to save us from sin's peril, to forgive us, to give us His righteousness in exchange for our guilt, and to put us in the freedom of living as children of God. There is no more amazing way to live. We are rescued from the dominion of darkness and placed into the kingdom of the Son He loves.

O God,
That You would delight in me now as Your child is the greatest experience of all. Thank You for the rescue that You provided as such great cost. 
Lord Jesus,
You were sent from on high. You took my sin and forgave me. You drew me out of the floodwaters of my sin and saved me from eternal death and misery. Thank You, Lord, for giving me amazing new life in You, Jesus.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment