Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Risen Lord Jesus

And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
Luke 24:2-3

Now risen from the dead, Jesus is Lord. His work is complete. His death secured the sacrifice for sins that forgave us and His resurrection secured eternal life to all who believe. Just as He told His disciples, He died and in three days rose again. Everything that Jesus said and did led to this reality. Death could not keep Him. The grave was just a rental. There was no body to be found, for Jesus is alive and Lord of all!

Not just at Easter does this fact change me. How often have I felt like I am in a cold tomb, needing the stone rolled back to freedom? Jesus releases me from death's captivity and EVERY captivity that sin might try to enforce. He forgives my sin. He removes me from the hard stone bed chill and warms me with the loving fire of His truth and grace.

O Risen Lord,
Death is not Your defeater and it will not be mine! We cannot be beaten by the grave. You have prepared a place for me and will receive me to Yourself because You have risen from the dead. And I can be holy, clothed in Your righteous robes, because in Your death my sinful self died. And I am risen with my Lord to walk in new life!
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment