Thursday, May 7, 2015

prayer for wisdom

Then you will understand righteousness and justice
and equity, every good path;
for wisdom will come into your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
discretion will watch over you,
understanding will guard you,
Proverbs 2:9-11

Lord,
Every day I need Your wisdom. As I look to Your Word, my hope is that You will provide the kind of insight and powerful truth that leads me to know You and Your wisdom. I am so foolish. I am prone to wander rather aimlessly and always selfishly. I am utterly foolish. I crave Your wisdom to sustain and empower my thoughts, choices, and actions.

I am steeped in sin right to the root of my thoughts, so to know Your righteousness requires committing to what Your Word reveals about You and what You say I should do. I make poor decisions that hurt myself and others. Yet Your wisdom is always just. Help me to be like You as I love and care for justice like You do. You are always right. May I always quickly yield to You so that I too will be right, no matter the outcome. I know You will lead me in a good path. I will follow where You lead, Lord.

Your knowledge will satisfy me. As I desire You and Your wisdom, my soul will be at its happiest. Forgive me for thinking anything else will truly satisfy my soul. You and the gifts that You give are more than enough for my ultimate joy.

And when I apply Your wisdom, the discretion and truth that You show me will keep me safe. You will guard me from sinful, destructive outcomes. You will keep me close to You. I wait and trust in Your wisdom, my Lord.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment