Monday, May 11, 2015

desires

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
Galatians 5:16-17

I have wrong desires.
Not everything I want to do
is what I should do,
It isn't that it isn't best
but rather that it is wrong from the rest
of what God has for me.
Sinful desires
desires of the flesh
are often my first instincts.

With my salvation
a change of heart was released
so that I can desire to do what God pleased
to make me anew in my Savior His Son
strength to win the race that I run
confident that His Spirit leads me.
So holy desires
desires of God's Spirit
can override my impulses.

Lord, may Your desires
lead me to follow You
through Your Spirit help me do
the things that holiness demands
so rich reward comes from Your hands.
Purge sinful desires
so that I hear "well done"
today, and in my final home.

No comments:

Post a Comment