Monday, October 17, 2022

Loving Jesus means obeying Jesus.


If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
John 15:10

Loving Jesus is what being a Christian is all about. How can I not love the One Who has given all to love me supremely? Jesus left a perfect love at the Father’s side, was born on this earth to live a simple, hard-working life, speaking the truth to reveal God’s love and His judgment, dying to pay the penalty sin-debt owed by all sinners everywhere for all time, and then rose again the third day to bring me and all who will believe Him eternal life! How can I not love Him most for that?

Jesus Himself expects His followers will not only believe Him, but also love and obey Him. And they show this love supremely by obeying Him, just like Jesus loved His Father by obeying Him, submitting to saving the world. Those who love Christ obey Him. And that obedience is what forges a strong link of abiding in Christ. I am obligated in my love for Jesus to keep His commands.

Lord Jesus,
I love You and seek to live in You by obeying You. And by the power of Your Holy Spirit and the clear direction of the Word of God I have every means to do so. I praise You for this love and for this day to obey and follow You!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment