Friday, June 19, 2015

Jesus is Lord and God is glorified!

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:9-11

The fact that Jesus Christ is Lord brings glory to God the Father. When people worship Jesus... when knees bow and tongues proclaim His praise, God the Father is glorified. Jesus is God. Jesus is Lord. I confess it. I order my life under His salvation and direction and authority. I surrender to Him.

Jesus will be recognized as Lord. God has ordered a time where every person who ever was will confess it for His glory. Every non-religious person, every Muslim, every Jew, every Buddhist, every Hindu, every athiest, every confused New Age mystic, every person who took pride in their individuality so that embracing sin became their identity, every Christian in name only will be convinced of the Lordship of Jesus. Some, too late at the final judgment, will know Him as the Lord of Eternal Judgment. Others will inherit His kingdom, forgiven of huge and flagrant sinful transgressions because they confessed Him as Lord and repented in their lives and were thus washed and sanctified by His gift of Himself (see 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 for a list of these greatly forgiven people of whom I am one... none of their sins is worth taking "pride" in).

Lord Jesus,
You are great. Yours is the name above all names. You have saved me and You are Lord of all, even those who in selfish, sinful arrogance oppose You. You will bring them to know the truth, even if it takes breaking them down in this life to humbly confess sin and seek Your grace. And since all judgment has been given to You, then even eternal condemnation of willful sinners will bring You praise. And so I will bow now and later. I will worship You now so that I may know the eternal joy of my Lord! The universe bows to You and so must I. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment